- Fully Supported Routes
- You begin each day knowing that all rides are fully supported with both a van/mini-bus and a guide who cycles with the majority of the group. Your guides will stop along the route to provide support, water, healthy snacks, or perhaps "shed some light" on a cultural or historical point of interest. All guides carry a cell phone. Scenic and safe cycling is our priority.
- Cycle at your own pace
- All of our rides are designed to allow you to cycle at your own pace. Most tour days offer a long or short option. If you want to spend some extra time at a particular point of interest you are free to do so. On a Classic Adventure, you choose how much cycling you want to do.
- Fine Dining
- Our dining reflects the best in regional cuisine, whether it be Atlantic lobster or calamari from the Mediterranean. Fine wine, great food, and good company are very important to us at Classic Adventures. If you have special dietary needs we're happy to accommodate them.
- Custom & Corporate Groups
- If you would like us to develop a custom itinerary for your group of 8 or more cyclists or hikers please call us. We'll design an itinerary tailored to your schedule, level of difficulty, and choice of lodging.
- Moderate Group Size
- Our maximum group size is 14-20 cyclists. Typically group sizes average 12-16 participants per tour. Our generous early registration discounts coupled with our already value-packed prices often means our most popular destinations book out months in advance. Be sure to call for availability.
- Typical Group Make-up
- The make-up of a Classic Adventures group is often a mix of singles and married couples. Occasionally a family joins us. All generally share an interest in health and exercise, a curiosity for the world, and an appreciation for fine dining and distinctive accommodations. Average age range is 35-75 yrs., with the majority falling in the 40-65 yrs. range.
- Easy, Moderate & Challenging Itineraries
First time participants often ask if they will be able to "handle" the riding, and more specifically the hills. We rate our trips easy, moderate and challenging.
(See tour pages)
Easy - means you can expect generally flat routes with daily distances of 25-40 miles.
Moderate - means you will encounter 1-3 daily climbs of up to 1/2 mile, with flat to rolling sections, as well. Daily distances for moderate tours average 30-50 miles per day.
Challenging - means you can expect 45-65 miles per day with hilly terrain on a daily basis. Generally speaking, if you are physically fit and have an appetite for adventure, then you will be able to negotiate all segments of a challenging tour.
- 10% Alumni Discount to use on your next Classic Adventure!
These discounts are both exclusive of any other tour discount and will not apply if booking through a travel agent. All discounts are void when booking through a travel agent.
- How To Contact Us
- Please feel free to call us for questions, reservations, and general information. You may also visit our website at www.ClassicAdventures.com for general tour information, itineraries, and online reservations.